As designated Location Scouter and Scheduling Manager, it is my duty to ensure that everything runs smoothly on filming day. This task is particularly difficult because of the availability of our actors. Our original plan involved 2 filming days. However, our Female lead, Aileen, has a tough mother and is not allowed to attend more than one filming day. Last week we intended to get filming out of the way, but Aileen was ill in the hospital so we had to use Lilybeth as a backup dancer. Needless to say, that was a disaster and a complete loss of a day. We are rescheduling for next week with Aileen. In order to alleviate the scheduling situation, I have compiled a rough schedule on what shots need to get done and how much time we should allow for each.
The Cadenza Plan:
- 9:15 AM: We all meet at JCP Parking lot @ Dadeland Mall (Dadeland North Station)
- 9:15 – 10:00 AM: Do makeup, walk to train, buy tickets, change, get organized, etc..
- 10:00 – 10:15 AM: Hop on train towards Coconut Grove Station
- 10:15 – 11:00 AM: Shoot (Scene 1) Opening in Metro Station @ Coconut Grove Station
- 11:00 – 11:45 AM: Get back on train and shoot (Scene 2) Inside Train scene
- 11:45 – 12:15 PM: Get to Government Center and Transfer to metro mover. Get to Museum Park.
- 12:15 – 1:00 PM: Shoot (Scene 6) Running towards her scene @ Museum Park
- 1:00 – 1:15 PM: Hop on metro mover and get to Bayfront Park
- 1:15 – 2:00 PM: LUNCH ❤ @ TBD
- 2:00 – 2:45 PM: Shoot (Scene 4) Miami Scene @ Bayfront Park
- 2:45 – 3:15 PM: Hop on Metromover towards 5th Street Station (Brickell Loop)
- 3:15 – 4:00 PM: Shoot (Scene 3) Cat and Mouse Sequence @ 5th Street Station
- 4:00 – 4:45 PM: Shoot (Scene 7) Finale @ 5th Street Station
- 4:45 – 5:15 PM Water break/ costume change
- 5:15 – 5:30 PM: Hop On Metromover towards Riverwalk Station
- 5:30 – 6:30 PM: Shoot (Scene 5) Dream Sequence @ Miami Riverwalk Trail
In addition to making the schedule, I have been assigned with the task to ensure that all of our transportation needs are met. I am the only one in the group with a car, so needless to say I very well know that I will be providing many rides to and from Dadeland Mall (Dadeland North Station). However, I do not plan to take my car downtown. Instead, I have decided that our best mode of transportation will be a combination of the Miami Metrorail and Miami Metromover Systems (Shown below).
Given that a decent chunk of our film takes place in the metro system, and the fact that most of our locations are within very close proximities of a station, I have used both timing and the map to create a step by step schedule of what stations to get off on. It is shown within the schedule above.